There are a number of fundraisers being planned to help with the earthquake relief effort. The New Zealand Herald have compiled a list, which I’ve chopped down to just the Wellington based events…
Tuesday, March 1:
• Radio Sport Christchurch Earthquake Auction – from 12.51pm signed and rare sporting memorabilia will be up for auction. Go to: http://www.radiosport.co.nz/content/web/auction/
Wednesday, March 2 and Thursday, March 3:
• Bear Grylls – Star of the Discovery Channel’s Man vs Wild, with Tiki Taane and comedian Cori Gonzalez. Proceeds to Canterbury Earthquake Relief Fund and Wellington Children’s Hospital. Auckland’s Sky City Convention Centre on March 2 and at Wellington’s Michael Fowler Centre on March 3. Tickets for the Auckland show through Dash Tickets and Wellington tickets through Ticketek.
Thursday, March 3:
• Mixed teams of Hurricanes, Phoenix and Saints players will take to the basketball court at Te Rauparaha Arena in Porirua with the Pulse cheering on the teams. Tickets are $20 each through TicketDirect with all proceeds going to the Christchurch Earthquake Appeal. Doors open at 6.30pm and tip off is at 7.30pm.
Friday, March 11, Saturday March 12 & Sunday March 13
• The New Zealand Salsa Dance Community is banding together to create a weekend of simultaneous nationwide salsa parties, workshops, showcases, dinners, pool parties o and dance activities to raise funds which will be donated to a selected aid agency in support of those affected by the recent Christchurch earthquake. More details here http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=204371592913530
Saturday, March 12:
• An open sparring night in Wellington will donate all entry fees to Christchurch (entry by koha for both fighters and spectayators). Male and females from all gyms are welcome as long as they have had some sparring experience. Mouthguard, shinguards, 16oz gloves and towel are compulsory – limited gear is available for hire. Jai Thai Boxing Gym on Victoria St from 3pm – more details here – https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=196944687000905
Saturday March 12 & Sunday March 13:
• Run for Christchurch – A worldwide virtual fun run. Wherever you are in the world, wear black and red and hit the streets to raise funds for the Red Cross Canterbury Earthquake Fund. For more details see: http://run4chch.wordpress.com.
Saturday, March 26
• A 10km walk has been set up for anyone to join in Wellington at 10am. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up – more details at fundraiseonline.co.nz/WellyWalksTheWalk/.